Licensed Counselor & Social Worker (LCSW or LPC)
We are seeking Licensed Counselors and Social Workers to join our team in support of the Military & Family Life Counseling Program (MFLC) to work within school districts affiliated with the Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport in Mississippi. This is a full-time salaried position that offers competitive pay and benefits. Schools are located within Long Beach, Biloxi, and Ocean Springs.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position has the primary responsibility of providing the full breadth of Child and Youth Behavioral (CYB) counseling services to children of all ages of military service members and their families at military installations.
* Non-medical counseling, training, health and wellness presentations
* Consultation with parent and personnel at child daycare centers and schools
* Consultation to installation command regarding behavioral health issues affecting children and youth.
* Counselors may also be assigned to youth programs, summer camps, and on-demand assignments. The counselors work closely with the installation and military branch Points of Contact (POC) to assure that the program is provided within scope, and meets the needs of the installation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* Minimum of a Master's Degree (MA/MS/MBA) with study in Behavioral Health
* Licensed at the independent practice level (LCSW or LPC)
* Miniumum of 2 years post-masters supervised clinical experience.
* Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused child and youth counseling methods.
* CYB counselors must meet the MFLC CYB criteria for experience with children and youth and specialty in child and adolescent development/psychology.
* Must be able to prove US Citizenship.
Browse All JCS Military Support Services Careers
JCS Military Support is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled