Military Family Life Counselor (Youth)
JCS Military is looking for a Licensed Counselor to support ther Child Development Center on Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
The Military Family Life Counselor will provide face to face direct, non-medical, brief, solution-focused counseling services to children for situations resulting from commonly occurring life circumstances such as parenting, stress, personal loss, and deployments and reunions. Will exercise discretion and independent judgment to provide appropriate information, coaching, training, and education to the children.
All interested candidates MUST be licensed at the independent practice level.
* Face-to-face counseling to military service members and their families (individuals, Couples, Families, and Children)
* Consultation with parent and personnel at Child Development Centers and schools
* Consultation to installation command regarding behavioral health issues affecting children and youth
* Developing and/or using approved counseling, training, education programs, and materials.
* Communicating information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to Team Leads.
* Participating in regular in-service training or other contract activities as assigned.
* Participating in installation and community events.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* Minimum of 2 years post-masters supervised clinical experience
* Minimum of a Master's Degree (MA/MS/MBA) with study in Behavioral Health
* Licensed at the independent practice level (LPCC, LISW, IMFT)
* Must be able to pass a basic background check for employment, a Child National Agency Check, and Inquiries (NACI/CNACI) clearance, commonly called a Public Trust clearance
Browse All JCS Military Support Services Careers
JCS Military Support is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled